Saturday 7 September 2013

Love

I had always wondered what being in Love felt like. Not the love that arises out of friendship or family or familiarity. But the sort that encompasses all of the above and yet is so much more. The love that arises out of holding hands, strengthens from the stolen kisses, wavers just so little due to the first fight, grasps on to all the metaphors it can find. The love that is hearts and arrows and cupids and what not. And now that I know what it is, I feel lucky.

At 22 years old, I am no early bird at the Love Shop. There are plenty who think they have found it sooner. Some who have actually found it sooner. But plenty more who are yet to find it. So, me no comparo. Love is  a divine feeling. I concur. But If I did, I might just be in the 69th percentile. How? Lets just say a lot of analytics has gone into this number. Along with a lot of pubescent googling.

But that's not why I feel lucky.Sooner or later everybody finds love. Atleast their definition of love. My mom and dad found it in the rigidness of  an arranged marriage. A cousin of found it in the longing of her husband living in the Middle East, trying to make a living. Most people do find love. As for me, I found it when I tried to find it. "umm, what?" I will explain. People say love will find you. No it won't, If you wrap yourselves in a cocoon, It sure wont. You need to make an effort. A tiny step. And sooner than later, you will find love.

Then why do I feel lucky?
I feel lucky because I found her. And she taught me love.

No comments:

Post a Comment