Thursday 25 October 2012

Blogging - The art of saying nothing



What do you write when you have nothing new to say or no new perspective to present. Do you just write about anything (as I am right now). Or you wait for an opportunity when something brilliant strikes you, but in that case too, a brilliant idea and a brilliant blog entry are two very different things.But waiting for the idea  will defeat the purpose of blogging (that for me is to vent). This paradox I might say has left me confounded. And also left me in admiration ( jealousy maybe??) of the blokes who turn in new matter every day, each similar to the last one, each justifying the idiom new wine in old bottle (sort of like Ashton in two and half men, which I am afraid to say nowadays is like half men and don't bother). Makes me believe the per-requisite to writing is no longer the desire to express, but merely state.

And this in spite of the fact that half of the folks I know sooner or later label me the creative kinds. Inspite of it I feel it very hard to blog every day (so I sort of understand the anguish you are in write now dear reader). To blog, I need to have a topic to express upon, but most importantly a viewpoint(however unbaked!!) to state and express. The sort of blogging  (must I add "mostly" or the few people I respect might get offended) that takes place today is a statement of views, not even lucid expression.

I do not have anything against freedom of expression, but what I believe is that in the constant chit chatter that this sort of blogging generates sometimes overshadows the voices that need to be heard. The ease of blogging has corrupted writers, no longer are the long hours spent on redrafting and editing, no endless deliberation on tone and style of wrting, writers no longer are exasperated when they cannot realise which of the two synonyms to put in an sentence. and well this sort of trend (so to say) helps writers who are just testing the waters (I had like to say, me for instance) but at the same time it brings doom for writers who might have otherwise turned out to be exemplary, but couldn't as they fall in the rut of daily postings.

Maybe, there's a point in all of it that I am missing. Well good for me then, blogging away, one day I might just find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment